“Feed the Mind; Change your Energy” is about actively dealing with feelings of burn-out. As you already know; simple self-care won’t do it. You know you have to look deeper for a more permanent solution. I can help.
As the World Health Organization states:
“Burn-out is a syndrome conceptualized as resulting from chronic workplace stress that has not been successfully managed. It is characterized by three dimensions:
- Feelings of energy depletion or exhaustion.
- Increased mental distance from one’s job, or feelings of negativism or cynicism related to one’s job; and
- Reduced professional efficacy.
Whether you have been told to work harder and you will succeed, or always have told yourself to try a little harder, now you are telling yourself; “Something has to change!”
When I came to that point, I already had been asking myself: “What can I change, how can I make this work better, how can I be more efficient, let me just start my day a little earlier”. This seemed to work for a while, but then it dawned on me; I needed to change my work environment as well. It was in the midst of the pandemic of 2020-2022. I had added all these extra tasks to my already full plate, I had traveled to the Netherlands for a family emergency and had been deprived of my social contacts due to nationwide quarantining.
It dawned on me: not only I have to change, but my work environment as well.
You’ve tried the self-care, you vented with your friends and co-workers, you have been walking your dog and tried to breathe deeply. You know you have to dig deeper.
When we work together, you feed your mind; change your energy through the following steps:
Feed your mind and gain insight:
- How your job drains your energy
- What consistently boosts your energy.
Change your energy by:
- Focusing on what is most important to you
- Reaching out and re-connecting with others and yourself
- Lighten your plate of the activities that drain you
- Increasing time spent on activities that fill you up
We need 6-8 one-hour sessions in a 4-month period. Each session feeds your mind bringer you closer to increased fulfillment. We may include exercises, journaling, homework, accountability or just you and me as thinking and listening partners.
Are you becoming excited? please reach out here